Thursday, April 27, 2006

Not ready to die yet!

I got the update from Dr. Warzee this afternoon. Bob is doing great! She was able to pull his thoracic drain tube this morning. He is eating. AND he's sulking because he has a bandage on his chest. That sounds like my boyo!

According to my source on the inside (thanks Jess!)the lung lobes are being processed today and will be set for evaluation tomorrow. I'm excited to see what type of nastiness was removed. I'm also a little bummed that I won't get to see the mass itself. I'd look to go eye to eye (or eye to tumor as it were) with the bugger and do my best squinty-eyed glare. Of course, I'd also kind of like to stomp on it but that's not professional. Or really very helpful. Yes, perhaps it's best left in Jessica's hands now that Dr. Warzee's have extracted it.

So, Saturday Tony and I will be driving up to E.L. to pick up our skinny little guy. Then we'll start fattening him back up in preparation for chemotherapy or the next surgery. I'm not going to worry too much about that now. I'm just thrilled that he's decided to be with us for at least a little while longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay! That's fantastic news!

Amy and/or Tony said...

I agree! Even better, he's coming home tomorrow!
-A