Thursday, April 20, 2006

General updates

I went to the dentist this week! The alarm did not go off on Monday morning so I woke up in a half-doze and thought, "Wow, it's light out and Tony's alarm hasn't gone off. I wonder how much longer I have to sleep?" I rolled over, looked at the clock, read 7:25, yelled a few expletives. Yelled something about getting up to Tony. Then, grabbing my robe so as not to flash the neighbors, rushed to the kitchen and downed my four capsules of amoxicillin. The directions were to take it an hour before my 8:00 appointment. Fortunately, our alarm clock is a little fast. I actually enjoyed the appointment. I like having my teeth cleaned. The dentist was quiet and focused, but not in an unfriendly way. I did have to a have a couple of fillings and he was very thorough in making sure that my bite was comfortable and there were no sharp edges afterward. So now, after the initial exam and echocardiogram and consultation with my physician I can finally say that I have clean teeth!

Bob is doing OK. He's still skinny (lost 2 ounces over last weekend), but he surprised me on Tuesday by chasing Colfax away from her dry food. If he wants to eat dry diet food instead of fatty canned food, more power to him. He's not been so good about the litter box so he's been shacked up in the cafe room with the doves when Tony and I can't supervise him. It also keeps Colfax out of the aforementioned fatty canned food. This prevents further butt bites as well. Tuesday is the next trip up to East Lansing. Hopefully Bob can have the surgery and all will settle down for a bit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YGlad to hear that the dentist plan finally succeeded.

And a hearty Goooooooo BoB!

Amy and/or Tony said...

Bob sends you much love!
-A