Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Year

We spent a really nice New Year's Eve with Megan, Guy and their dogs. Fargo and Dakota are very good houseguests and Bob, our kitty, was too under the weather to cause trouble. I made my first venture into stuffed poultry (rock cornish game hens) and will soon be learning the best ways to handle poultry and stuffing. Thanks Guy and Alton Brown! I think the best thing that I cooked that evening was Winter Plum Soup from Cooking Light. It tasted great and made the house smell good, too! We played a very spirited game of Candamir that night and enjoyed Settlers of the Stone Age on New Year's Day. I prefer Candamir with four players, but it's nice to have a two-player Cataan game out there.

I've decided that every year needs a theme. I think that 2006 may be the Year of the Pirate at our house.
However, it may end up being the Year of Cheese. Any opinions on this? (Megan and Guy, I think 2005 may have been the Year of the Pirate for you).

Tomorrow is the final day of Christmas for us. Hmm, that adds up to 15 days of Christmas. I think we need to add on 13 chocolate covered coffee beans, 14 kooky paper clips and 15 caramels to complete the song. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy, mateys. Pirates always be on the high seas of style. Arrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Cheese! Because cheese always is the cheesiest!

Amy and/or Tony said...

I think we can apply the law of both! Tony did a great sketch of cheese pirates this weekend. Captain Monterey Jack and first mate Colby ahoy!

loria said...

how funny that you are combining cheese and pirates, because i'm sitting here, eating Pirate's Booty, a delicious cheesy poof snack made with aged white cheddar! Yes, available in health food stores and fine groceries everywhere, Pirate's Booty is nutritious AND delicious. YARRRRRRR