Wednesday, March 02, 2005

We've got Seoul.

The tickets are purchased. So it's official.

April 8th we leave for a week's vacation in Seoul, Korea.

This will be the first time Amy has been to Asia, my second (I lived in Seoul when I was 10 and my step-father was stationed on Yongsan Army base).

It's going to be interesting seeing how much things have changed in 20 years - my understanding is that it has become very westernized. We shall see.

Why Korea? Why now? It's all made possible by convenience of family. I've got family living there (my uncle is an engineer for an auto manufacturer that will remain nameless because, frankly, I forget exactly what he does. But whatever it is he does, it must be important, because they kept shipping him over there for weeks at a time for business trips. Finally, they just bit the bullet and moved.) So since they are there already, we get to wack a bunch of moles with one mallet. Amy gets a new continent knocked off her world travel list, I get to see Korea again, we ge to visit family, and all without having to pay for a place to stay. And with my good fortune on expedia.com, our trip will cost less than if we had, say, flown to Disneyland for a weeks stay.

And now Amy can get off my case about being blog delinquent.

-tp

4 comments:

Amy and/or Tony said...

Yup, I give. you have officially fulfilled some bloggin' duty.
a

Anonymous said...

Korea! How cool! Normally I would be extremely jealous, but since we're leaving tomorrow for Portugal I only feel a little bit jealous.

Anonymous said...

Well I expect nearly continual blogging, as it is the most connected country in the world.

Amy and/or Tony said...

Have great fun in Portugal, Megan!

We'll not try at all to keep on the blog while we're in Korea, but you might get a little lucky.

a.