Friday, April 20, 2007

The Fastest Knife in Chicago

I love my Mom. She was diagnosed with very low grade uterine cancer about 3 weeks ago. Today she had her hysterectomy. Yesterday she went to the spa and had a massage, pedicure and manicure (something that she recommends to everyone). The procedure went very well. Instead of two to two and a half hours it only took an hour and a half. Everything looks great so far! She was still a bit groggy from anesthesia when my brother and my father told how well the procedure went. Her response was, "Well, he is the fastest knife in Chicago." So, here's to the fastest knife in Chicago and here's to Mom for her spirit! I can't wait to see her tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cleo and/or Zoe said...

Best wishes for your mom, Amy. I hope that all goes well in both her immediate and long term recovery!
Jessica

Amy and/or Tony said...

Thanks Jessica! Mom did so well that she got to go home yesterday. Today she got up the stairs (with some help from Dad) and walked outside a little bit. She's quite the trooper (and even taking her pain medication regularly).
-A