Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Jetlag

We did arrive home safely and we're almost readjusted to our own time. Tony did not sleep well on the plane back. I slept OK for plane sleep (Dramamine knocks me pretty flat). My very kind parents picked us up from O'Hare and drove us their house. Tony went to bed. I woke him up about 3 hours later for dinner. We both stayed awake until about 10:30 before giving up completely. I made it out of bed twelve and a half hours later. Tony woke up about 4:00am, puttered around for a bit and went back to sleep until noon. We were planning on driving back home around the time that we finished breakfast. Good thing we came back on Saturday. On Sunday night we stayed up until about ten. Tony woke up at 3:00 am. I woke up at 3:30 and got up at 4:00, fed the critters, had coffee and ate breakfast. I was bored by about 5:15, so I went back to bed until the alarm went off at 6:45. I can't speak for Tony, but I was cranky all day long, those poor people I work with. Tony was in bed when I got home at 7:30 last night. He was pretty much awake from 10:00 until 5:00 this morning. He was so happy when the alarm went off this morning exclaiming, "I slept!". Then he hit snooze for a while. I also benefitted from the snoozing. At this moment we are both awake, Tony has gone for a run and there is hope that our regular sleeping patterns will return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! You have returned! Thanks for sharing your lovely vacation with the rest of us :) It was a unique way to experience a foreign country without that pesky overseas flight and customs and so forth.

Welcome Back,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Yah, jetlagginess sux... I had a 3rd-shift gig for a while and vacations were always 'interesting' with my tendency to stay up 'till 4am and then sleep past lunchtime. Bleh. I don't miss those days.

--(no account yokel)

Amy and/or Tony said...

Thanks for the welcome back wishes! We're mostly back on track now. We love sharing our experiences with everyone. You just have to return the favor when you go somewhere exciting. Jessica, you can share disgusting pathology stories - I like those :).

I'm glad to hear that the 3rd-shift gig is no more. I couldn't do it (pathologically diurnal), but i have great admiration for those who can.

Hey! I used pathology twice in this comment (kinda).

-a