Friday, February 17, 2006

Beyond PJs

Plans are rolling right along for the Pajama Party, but other things are happening, too.

Tony went to a practice session for Comic Jam last weekend. Comic Jam is similar to 24-Hour Comic Day except instead of one person writing, drawing and inking a 24 page book (1 page per hour) a team works on a book. I think that it's still a 24 hour process, but I'm not certain about the length of the book. He had a great time and it sounds like his team is set for the real thing. The real Jam is scheduled (appropriately enough) on April 1st.

My parents are visiting my brother in Ecuador right now. I have heard anything since they left, so I'm assuming they got there intact. All three should be in the Galapagos Islands right now. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing the stories when they get back.

My friend Michelle is moving to Alabama on Monday. I don't get to see Michelle very often, but she's just an amazingly fun person with a huge heart. I didn't realise how sad I am about her leaving until after her goodbye party last night. The world is a better place because she's in it and I'm really lucky that I got to work with her after I finished school. Happily, she and her husband, Jerry, have to return their rental trailer to South Bend, so they might be crashing the PJ Party!

Right, PJ Party ... It looks like we could have as many as 30 people this year. We're really going to have to finish the basement or get a bigger house. Tony's busily making more floor pillows and planning on moving furniture around. I'm happy because now that winter is back I can try making ice lanterns. Also, the pajama party isn't quite as meaningful when it's 50 degrees outside. Countdown of 8 days left!

No comments: