Monday, July 04, 2005

West Virginia Wedding

This July 4th holiday weekend Amy and I drove out to West Virginia for her cousin's wedding. It was a long-ass drive, but would have certainly felt longer (to me) if i had to drive more than a couple hours of it (the unwritten rule, which much of Amy's family seems determined to believe is some sort of cover story for...something, is that whomever's family is the cause/destination of the trip, that person gets transportation and agenda-making duty/priveledge).

We had a great time. The wedding was short and sweet, reception was quite nice - the 'second reception' with dancing/etc was cancelled in favor of a get together at families house - which was a load of fun. It's the first me I've got a good chance to really relax and get to know a lot that side of Amy's family. They are a hoot. They remind me very much of my own family, just a decade older and more settled.

The following day we spent a little time at John and Jamie's (parents of Erin, the bride, Amy's cousin) camper on the (Ohio?) river, went out on the jet ski, which was a lot of fun, and just hung out some more and said our good-byes. At least three times over. It's hard to actually *leave* when there's that much family. Just liike an event wiht my family. ).

And, as a special treat for the upcoming week, I forgot to pack my medication for the trip. My happy, emotionally stabilizing, keep me from unneccesarily spiralling into a shallow but unavoidable pit off frustration and helplessness medication. It usually takes a couple missed days for me to notice, and that effect doesn't generally hit untill the 3nd-5th day. Day 3, and haven't gotten fidgety yet. We'll keep you posted in any 'mundane adventures' result.

1 comment:

Amy and/or Tony said...

Another great thing about my family (at least on Mom's side) is that they are tiny. While this sometimes makes me feel a bit Amazonian, it's also the only time I really get to feel tall :) Tony forgot to mention how porcelin doll beautiful Erin looked and how very happy both Erin and Josh were.
-a