Wednesday, May 04, 2005

It's good to have family

Last night Tony's grandparents and cousin stopped by on their way to North Dakota via several other states. It was so good to see them. It was even better to wake up to people in the house. I've never shared the early mornings of my day off with anyone (unless Tony is sick) because I like staying in bed until eight if at all posssible. It was really nice. I picked up some donuts and muffins, made coffee and chatted with Grandma and Simon until Grandpa woke up. It was nice hearing Grandpa settling in to sleep last night. We were all a little worried when there was a crash followed by Grandpa's voice, "Did I break it?" Fortunately Grandpa didn't break himself. He's a lot more fragile than I'm used to thinking of him being. It was just good to see all of them. Their next family related stop is with Seth and Amanda in Missouri. Simon's doing the driving and their taking it nice and slow. I'm looking forward to hearing their stories and seeing their pictures at their 50th anniversary party in June.

No comments: