Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ouch!

Small(ish) creatures have sharp nails. When I left for work this morning i had 3 scratches that were about 90% healed. By 12:30 I was bleeding from my right index knuckle, my left thumb region and my left index finger. Even nice macaws have sharp toenails. The bandages made it until 2:00 and then by around 3:30 I had several more scratches across the back of my left hand. Cute, bald, energetic ferrets that do not want their blood drawn also have sharp nails. Sadly, I never did get blood from the ferret and University of Tennesee probably won't want mine. Happily, I could whine and get lots of sympathy except that Tony knows it's really no big deal. He's right. I'm perversely proud of the scar I have from Dad's goose and ashamed that my only Wildlife ward scar is from a seagull. Macaw scar, now that sounds respectable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really wussy because I have a mouse scar. The little buggers bite me on the same place right on my thumb every time. Definitely not as good as my red tailed hawk scar (except that it was a one winged bird named Fozzie, so that's actually pretty wussy too).
- Megan